CCNE and BRN-Accredited program
Full-time or part-time tracks
The Online Master of Science in Nursing program from the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work is designed to prepare registered nurses interested in becoming Family Nurse Practitioners (FNPs). A master’s degree is the minimal requirement for FNPs, who also must seek certification and licensure in the states where they wish to practice.
If you’re ready to take the next step toward your professional success, we’re here to answer your questions and guide you through the admissions process.
Information about our upcoming start term, application deadlines and information sessions can be found on this page under “Important Dates & Upcoming Events.” Please contact us if you are interested in applying for our next start, or have questions about a future term.
To apply to the Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner program, you must meet these requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited college or university
- At least a 3.0 grade point average in your BSN program
- Completion of a 3-credit course in statistics (with a grade of C or better)
- Must be a U.S.-licensed registered nurse (RN) and reside within the United States upon application and throughout the duration of the program
- One year of clinical experience
- If English is not your native language, you are required to submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores.
Complete and submit your Graduate Admissions Application online. Within the application, you will need to provide the following application materials:
- Resume: Up-to-date professional resume or curriculum vitae highlighting relevant work and volunteer experience
- Letters of Recommendation: 3 letters of recommendation from professional references
- Personal Statement: 1-2 page essay addressing your personal and professional experiences, why USC’s MSN-FNP program is the best fit for you, and how the program will help you meet your career and educational goals.
- Transcripts: Open, scan and upload official transcripts from each postsecondary institution (undergraduate and graduate) you have attended directly to the application portal. Additional information on transcript submission can be found here.
Submit your application with a $90 application fee. Fee waiver eligibility information is located here.
How to Apply
Ready to start your application? Additional information on how to complete your application can be found here.
Applicants should note that USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work is currently not accepting applications to the Online Master of Science in Nursing program from Alabama, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Puerto Rico, South Dakota, Tennessee, Washington, and Wyoming. If you live in a state or territory from which we are not currently accepting students, please reach out to the Admissions Office. Their contact information is below.
The Online Master of Science in Nursing program does not qualify to issue Form I-20 to international students.
After You Apply
Check your email regularly, as you may receive important communications from the Admissions Office regarding your application.
Contact our Admissions Office with any questions at 1-855-783-9-MSN or email us.