Completing your Application
- Begin the Online Application
Create a username and password to log in to the online application portal. You may complete the application at your own pace and in any order.
- Add your Resume
Upload your resume or curriculum vitae highlighting relevant work and volunteer experience.
- Request Three Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation from professional references are required. You should request recommendations from those who can speak to your professional and academic readiness to attend a rigorous graduate program. These recommenders must be:
- A clinical supervisor or nurse manager who directly supervised you in a clinical setting;
- A professor, faculty member or academic advisor who can provide meaningful input regarding your academic record;
- A practicing advanced practice nurse (APRN) who has served as a mentor or whom you have shadowed, preferably in the APRN role to which you are applying.
Apply your recommender’s name and email address to the Evaluations tab of the application. Your recommenders will receive an email invitation to submit their recommendation online.
You do not need to wait for your recommenders to complete their evaluations in order to submit your application. Your application will automatically update once letters are received.
- Write a Personal Statement
Your statement should address your personal and professional experiences, why the MSN-FNP program is the best fit for you, and how the program will help you meet your career and educational goals. The statement must be one to two pages, double-spaced.
- Request your Official Transcripts from All Previously Attended Postsecondary Institutions (Undergraduate and Graduate)
Electronic or hard copy transcripts are accepted.
Electronic: Please have electronic transcripts sent to both your email address and firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have received the transcripts, upload them to the Academic History section of the application for admissions review purposes.
Hard copy: Please scan and upload your official transcripts directly to the Academic History section of the application portal. Opened, scanned and uploaded transcripts are acceptable for admissions review purposes. Once admitted, you will need to submit electronic transcripts or sealed, official transcripts from your degree-conferring institution to USC.
- Submit your Online Application
Sign up for updates and reminders about the application process for the Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN-FNP) program:
If you are ready to begin your application now, click the button below.
For any admissions-related questions or application assistance, please reach out to your admissions advisor or call 1-855-783-9-MSN.